We want to look perfectly lovely in every way, whether it’s for a function or another event. A perfect look will look entirely dull if your skin isn’t up to the task. To help you do this, we’ve put up a life-saving cure that will make your skin glow and fight all of your skin problems at once. So, be prepared to look magnificent.
Your kitchen holds the key to unlocking the riddle. There is something in your kitchen that we all enjoy eating and that is both economical and common: that is ‘Rice.’ All you need to know is the proper technique, and you’ll see a difference in your skin. Let’s deep dive into its benefits and uses.
Why is Rice Water Beneficial for Your Skin?
In Asian countries, it is the most widely consumed food. Rice is recognized for energizing the skin in Chinese medicine. Rice can now be used to treat skin issues, according to scientific evidence. Rice water is said to give Korean women a radiant complexion.
It’s a primary ingredient in skincare products for its antioxidant and anti-aging qualities. It tightens the skin by blocking the formation of elastase (a protease principally responsible for the breakdown of elastin which is an essential protein).
Benefits Of Adding Rice Water to Your Skincare
Rice water has numerous benefits for skin. So, let’s have a look.
1. Helps with shrinking of pores
Rice water contains vitamins B1, C, and E, as well as minerals that help to tighten, brighten, and minimize pores. Its antioxidant qualities aid in the prevention of premature aging as well.
2. Protect you from Ultraviolet Rays
Rice also includes PABA and ferulic acid, which provide some UV protection when paired with the vitamins. It also boosts skin collagen that makes your skin bouncy and removes all fine lines.
3. Helps with Pimples
This remarkable water’s calming action makes it a fantastic remedy for pimples and acne. Rice water helps with breakouts by regulating oils. The water can also be used to heal acne scars because of its skin lightening and sun protection characteristics.
4. To Lighten up your skin and reduce Pigmentation
Kojic acid is one of the most well-known compounds in rice water, and it’s known for its skin-brightening, antifungal, and antibacterial effects. Kojic acid has the ability to influence melanin synthesis.
Melanin is a naturally occurring pigment that provides skin its wide range of gorgeous colors. Therefore it works for enhancing your skin tone and reducing discoloration or pigmentation on your face.
5. Soothes Sunburn
Due to the antioxidant properties of rice water, rice water is therapeutic on burnt skin. Numerous people find it to be extremely helpful in relieving mild sunburn symptoms such as redness, soreness, and itching. When applied to the skin, starchy rice water tightens and tones the skin.
How to make rice water?
Rice water can be extracted from two methods by soaking and boiling. It is the starchy fluid that remains after rice has been soaked or cooked.
1) Soaking: Take half a cup of rice, rinse them well and soak them in two cups of water. Let them soak for 24 hours at room temperature. Strain the water and use it.
2) Boiling: Take half a cup of rice, rinse them well and add twice the amount of water that has been used in cooking the rice. Cook the rice in boiling water and pour the water into a clean bowl.
Different Ways to Use Rice Water for Skin
Here are different ways to use rice water for skin. Let’s roll.
1) As a Face toner
- Take half a cup of rice water.
- Shift it into a spray bottle, spray it all over your face or take a cotton ball and apply it with the help of it on your face and neck.
Your toner is ready, apply it every morning after cleansing your face most people get the results in three days. Results can vary from person to person depending on your skin type.
2) Face Mask
- Take one cotton sheet mask.
- Refrigerate the cotton sheet mask for 30 minutes after soaking it in rice water.
- Allow it to drop, and slightly wring it so that it is damp but not dripping.
- Apply the mask to your face and smooth any bubbles with your finger.
- wear it for 15–20 minutes.
- Remove it from your face and wash it with cool water.
- Apply a serum or moisturizer afterward.
Your mask is now ready to use. Apply it once a day to a clean face, leave it on for 30 minutes, then rinse it off with plain water.
3) As a Cream
- Take a cup of rice water in a pan.
- Let the water boil for one minute just so it gets the consistency of a cream. You can add water if you want to make it easily applicable.
- After it gets completely cool just add a few drops of almond oil or any other oil which you prefer.
- Add two teaspoons of aloe vera gel and your cream is ready.
Note: You can use it for 1 week when kept in the refrigerator.
- Using normal water, rinse a cup of rice. You can use any type of rice you choose.
- Add two cups of water to it.
- Soak the rice for two days in water. Allow it to ferment.
- Stir the water and filter the liquid after two days.
- Place the liquid in a glass bottle and place it in the refrigerator.
While using, take one tablespoon of fermented liquid and dilute it with one cup of clean water. Shift it into a spray bottle and spray it on a clean face. You can rinse it off after 30 minutes.
Note: I recommend you to do a patch test before directly applying it to the skin.
Other Benefits of Rice water
- Rice water has been proven to be a game changer for your hair. It contains Amino acid which helps in the regeneration of hair and aids in faster growth of your hair. Washing your hair with rice water can add shine and make your hair grow longer and stronger.
- Rice water is also known as a powerful remedy against eczema and other skin allergies. Rice water has inherent moisturizing properties, and its starchiness aids in the relief of inflammation and redness, making it an excellent choice for people with dry eczema.
As you can see, it’s one of the most cost-effective, simple and rapid ways to get the results you want. It helps you save money, time, and effort. Last but not least, you can use it without stepping outside of your comfort zone.